Water Purifier Advantages and Disadvantages
Water is essential for every living organism on earth. It is no wonder that water quality has become a major issue in recent years. With more and more people starting to understand the importance of clean water, they are looking into options to help them obtain it. One such option gaining popularity in recent years is owning a water filter system. But everything has its pros and cons. So, here we have discussed Water Purifier Advantages and Disadvantages.
What is a Water Purifier?
A water purifier is a device used to clean and purify water from various contaminants. The water purifier removes the impurities from the water and makes it safe for consumption.
Many different water purifiers are available in the market, each with its features. Some of them are more advanced than others, and some are cheaper.
Health Benefits of Owning a Water Purifier
The health benefits of owning a water filter system are enormous, and it is the best way to ensure that you and your family are getting clean drinking water every day.
Water filters can be installed in the kitchen, home, or even in your office. They provide you with clean, fresh water for consumption and other purposes.
Water filter systems are becoming increasingly popular because of the benefits they provide.
The most important benefit of owning a water filter system is that it improves the taste of water. If you have been drinking tap water for years, you might not be able to tell what is in it, but your tap water will taste better than bottled water with a filter system.
Another benefit is that it removes contaminants and pollutants from the water to drink clean and healthy water every day without any worries.
Advantages of a Water Purifier
A water filter system can be an excellent investment for your home. It ensures that you are drinking clean and healthy water. The following are five advantages of owning a water filter system:
1) A water filter system will help reduce the amount of chlorine in your tap water, which is unhealthy and tastes terrible.
2) A water filter system will help reduce the amount of lead that may be present in your tap water, which is especially dangerous for children under the age of six.
3) A water filter system can remove up to 95% of fluoride from the tap water, harmful to teeth and bones.
4) A good quality filtration system can remove up to 97% of mercury from the tap gas, which is very dangerous to health as it can cause cancer.
5) It saves money: The cost of buying purified bottled water every day can be expensive and time-consuming. Owning a water filter system will save you money by providing fresh, clean drinking water right at your tap without any extra cost or effort.
6) They are environmentally friendly: Bottled water is not free of plastic and waste, and most of the ingredients for making bottled waters come from overseas. With a system like this, you won’t have to worry about the damage that bottles do to our environment.
Disadvantages of a Water Purifier
Owning a water filter system might seem like a good idea. Still, there are some disadvantages that you should be aware of before deciding.
1. You need to change the filter every six months: One of the most significant disadvantages of owning a water filter system and you have to replace the filters every six months, which can get expensive.
2. Water filter systems might not work in rural areas: If you live where your water is already filtered, you don’t need to worry about this disadvantage. But if your water is not filtered, then your water filter system won’t work as well as it would if it was near an urban area with more contaminants in the air and ground.
3. Installation is expensive: If the water filter is connected to a water tap, you need an expert technician to install it. Besides, you have to pay installation charges.
4. Maintenance of a water purifier is time-consuming: You need regular cleaning and maintenance to get pure drinking water.
5. The filter needs to be replaced monthly or quarterly. Therefore, it is almost like a recurring cost for your budget.
6) Over purification of water may reduce the quality of drinking water by eliminating essential minerals.
Best Hot and Cold Water Purifier in India 2022: Buyer’s Guide
Why should you buy and use a water purifier?
We are living in an age where water contamination is a significant issue. There are many reasons for water contamination, the most common being industrial waste, urban runoff, and agricultural runoff, which can lead to serious health problems and even death. Now that we have learnt about Water Purifier Advantages and Disadvantages, let’s find out why we must bring home a water purifier.
Water purifiers are devices that remove these contaminants from the water so that you can safely drink them. They also reduce the risk of contracting diseases like cholera and dysentery.
A good water purifier will be able to remove harmful contaminants from your drinking water like chlorine, lead, mercury, arsenic, and many others.
There are many good reasons for using a water purifier. One of the most important is that it provides clean and safe water for drinking, cooking, and other daily needs. It also removes any harmful chemicals or bacteria from the water.
The following are some of the reasons why you should buy and use a water purifier:
- Provides clean drinking water
- Removes chemicals like chlorine or fluoride from the water
- Reduces the risk of developing diseases such as cancer
- Removes bacteria from your system
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the benefits of a water purifier?
Water purifiers are devices that remove impurities from water, and they can be used in homes, offices, and even hospitals. There are many benefits of using a water purifier. For example, it reduces the risk of contracting waterborne diseases.
Purifiers have been around for a long time, and they were initially developed to provide clean drinking water to people who couldn’t access it. But now, they are also used in places where tap water isn’t safe to drink because of contamination or other reasons.
Is the water purifier safe?
The water purifier is a device for removing bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms from water. The device is typically designed to produce drinking water safe for human consumption.
Cleaners are not 100% safe, and some risks are associated with them. However, the risk of contracting a disease from drinking purified water is low.
The risks associated with using a cleaner depend on the type of cleaner used and the purified water source. For example, suppose you are using a cleanser that filters tap water. In that case, you will be at greater risk than using one to filter rainwater or bottled water.
Do we need a water purifier?
There are many reasons why people buy water purifiers. Some people want to drink clean water, some want to reduce the risk of waterborne diseases, and some believe them because they live in an area where tap water is not safe to drink.
The need for a water purifier depends on a few factors like where you live, what kind of tap water you have, whether or not you have any medical conditions that require clean drinking water, and if you or your family members are particularly sensitive to contaminants in your drinking water.
Recommended Read: Best Gravity Based Water Purifier India: 2022 What To know