Best gravity based water purifier in India: 2022 Honest Reviews
Best gravity based water purifier. Gravity based water purifiers are best suitable for the area with unsafe water supply and absence of electricity or with continuous power-cut problems.
Safe drinking water is one of the basic needs for our health. But the quality of drinking water is decreasing day by day. Fortunately, we have a solution in hand. Use a water purifier or water filter.
Water purifiers can be classified into two categories:
- Electric Water Purifier
- Non-electric purifier or Gravity based water purifier
Difference between an electric water purifier and a non electric gravity based water purifier
Electric Water Purifier
Gravity based water purifier
Runs on electricity
No electricity required. Runs on gravitational pull naturally.
Advanced RO, UV tecnology are used.
Not so advanced in nature but does the job perfectly.
Have several water purification stages.
Includes one or two filtration stages.
Very costly to buy.
price is quite cheap and affordable for all.
Needs 24 hour electricity.
Designed to perform without electricity.
Not suitable for places with frequent load shedding or power cut.
Suitable for everywhere.
Can be used to purify any kind of water.
can not purify water with hgh TDS level.
What is a gravity based water purifier?
Gravity water purifiers work on the principle of gravity. In a gravity situation, everything comes downwards. Like other things water also flows down always. This happens due to the gravitational pull and it was discovered by Issac Newton.
How does a gravity based water purifier work?
A gravity based water purifier has two chambers: upper chamber and lower chamber. As the name suggests, the gravity of the water pulls down the water from the upper container to the lower container. Water from the upper chamber comes down to the lower one. As the water comes down, it is passed through some activated carbon or charcoal filters. The carbon filters absorb the harmful impurities of water purifying it.
A gravity based water filter has three major components:
- Activated carbon filter for removing pollutants, parasites and impurities.
- Microfiber mesh to get rid of the dirt that is visible to the naked eye.
- Polisher to drive out dangerous chemicals like chlorine etc.
Advantages of Gravity based Water Purifier
- Works without electricity
- No need for constant electric supply and piped water
- Saves electricity cost
- Can be transported and used in remote villages also
- A blessing for the place with frequent load shedding
- Very affordable and cost-saving
Disadvantages of Gravity based nonelectric Water Purifier
- Can not remove TDS(Total Dissolved solids) higher than 300 ppm.
- Can not kill all the germs and bacterias
- Not suitable to eliminate harmful arsenic and fluoride
Now, let us dive into our detailed discussions about the best gravity based non-electric water purifiers in India that are currently trending in the market.
KENT Gold+ 20-litres Gravity Water Purifier
- Hydrophilic Ultrafiltration Membrane with 0.1 Microns hollows fibre.
- Granular activated carbon and filtration cartridge sediment
- Long-lasting membrane with a life expectancy of 4000-litre water purification
- Beautiful looking ABS plastic food grade see-through tank
- 20-litre storage tank
Kent Plus water purifier is designed with the latest Ultrafiltration (UF) technology so that you can have pure germ free water.
With this purifier, you will get 10 litres of pure water at a time. Not only that, an additional 10 litres of unfiltered water can be stored in the upper chamber of the tank. This will save your time and energy.
The high-quality 0.1-micron UF membrane will make sure that no bacteria or cyst remains in the water making the water pure to drink.
The activated carbon filters make the water free from any bad smell.
This Water purifier has a tabletop design that means you can place it on any flat surface you want which is very convenient to use.
- Spin welded UF membrane
- 20-litre large storage capacity
- First Indian company to be certified by NSF
- High satisfied customer ratings
- Regular proper cleaning is required.
Recommended Read: Best Geyser for Hard water in India: 2021
Tata Swach Desire + 27-L Gravity Based Water Purifier
- One of the first ultrafiltration (UF) tabletop gravity water purifier
- Advanced anti-biofouling and odour free technology
- One of the best purifiers to handle TDS up to 1500 ppm
- Comes at a cheaper price
- Fast water purification
TATA Swach Desire Plus is created to purify water without electricity. It does not use any chemicals to purify water. So, after purification what you get is pure drinking water.
The body of the water purifier is resistant to scratches and other external wear and tear and hence it provides durability to the product.
TATA has provided a water tank with this purifier which is huge in storage capacity. It can store 27 litres of water at a time. Not only that, it has a water level indicator by which you can easily know when to fill up the water tank with water from outside.
The black and blue colour combination add beauty and elegance to the purifier. Wherever you place it, it will look gorgeous.
The purifier is very easy to clean and maintain. Also, it does not require any kind of service from the expert serviceman. You yourself can service it. This will save you extra money for services.
- Large storage capacity
- Trusted TATA product
- Filter life indicator
- Direct tap fill facility
- The cartridge needs regular cleaning
NEXQUA Non-Electric Ultra Filtration (UF) Based Gravity Water Filter and Purifier
- Enhanced 14-litre storage capacity
- UF based water purification
- Chemical-free water purification
- Zero wastage of water
- 20 litre/hour purification capacity
- 4000 litre per year filter life span
This NEXQUA water purifier is equipped with gravity based ultra spun purification technology.
With rising electricity costs, this water purifier may become a blessing for your family that might be facing lots of intermittent power cuts. Since it operates without electricity, it will save a lot of electricity bills and money.
This water purifier purifies water with advanced porous membranes. Harmful impurities can not pass through the very tiny holes of the membrane and remain stuck with the membrane giving you pure drinking water. Moreover, the filters are designed to remove any kind of hazardous bacteria, viruses and cysts.
It is lightweight around 2 kg. And can be moved easily on a flat surface as it has a tabletop design.
The purifier can purify water as fast as almost 4 litres per 10 minutes.
- 0.1 microne hydrophilic UF membrane
- Non-toxic plastic body
- High customer satisfaction
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Suitable for the area with a low TDS level of water
KENT Gold Star 22-litres Gravity-Based Water Purifier
- 0.31-litre filtration capacity per minute
- Advanced nano-silver carbon filter for optimum disinfection of water
- Chemical-free purification
- Non-toxic ABS grade food plastic
- Awarded by WQA and USAGold Seal
Kent is the market leader when it comes to gravity based water purifiers.
If you have a small family and do not want to spend much on a water purifier, then go for this Kent Optima Gold gravity water purifier. Because on only will it perform well but it will save you a lot of money as it comes at a very cheap price.
It has a 10-litre water purification capacity which is sufficient for a small family water need. This purifier will give you 5 litres of instant purified water and you can store another 5 litres of water in the upper chamber.
has a The Hollow Fibre Hydrophilic UF membrane with 0.1 Microns of Kent Gold Star prevents bacteria or cysts to pass through and entering into the purified water.
With a first of its kind Ultra Filtration technology, Kent claims to give 100% germ-free water. The purifier does not use any kind of harmful chemical like chlorine, bromine or iodine.
- Positive feedback from satisfied users.
- Hollowfibre ultra membrane
- Low price
- Branded product
- Only useful for the area with low TDS.
- Check TDS of your water first before using
Tata Swach Stainless Steel Water Purifer 20 L With Ultrafiltration
- 20-litre water storage. (10 litres upper chamber and 10 litre lower chamber)
- Around 6000L of clean drinking water is delivered by Tata Swach UHF Cartridge
- Gravity driven Ultrafiltration
- Best for source water with TDS upto 1500 PPM
- Durable, Long Lasting
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Strong Scratch-resistant body
TATA is already one of the most trusted Indian brands not only in India but in the whole world. Likewise, TATA has brought in a gravity based water purifier that uses advanced ultrafiltration technology.
Under this technology, TATA claims to remove 1 crore viruses and 100 crore bacteria from 1 litre of water. TATA Swach Cristella Advance Water Purifier gives 6000 litres of pure water.
Though non-electric, it has a high range capacity of purifying water up to a TDS level of 1500 ppm.
- Lowest purification cost ( 10 paise/litre)
- Wide PH range5.5 to 9.0
- Long cartridge life up to 1.5 year
- Suitable for small 5 member family
Konvio Neer Gravity Based Non-Electric Water Filter and Purifier With Plastic Tap (UF gravity)
- 7 stage purification
- Gravity based ultra spun technology
- Fast Purification capacity
- 14-litre storage
This KOVINO NEER water purifier comes with high-quality ultrafiltration technology that gets rid of bacteria, viruses, dust colour odour etc from the water. Moreover, the ultra spun technology is an added advantage to purification.
The company claims to have a 7 stage purification system. They are microfibre mesh or pre-filter, Sediment filtration, sub-micron filtration, sterilization, activated carbon filtration, post-carbon filtration, ultra spun technology filtration and finally, you get clean and pure drinking water.
It has a storage tank capacity of 14-litre water of which you can get around 7 litres of purified water instantly which is sufficient enough for a small to medium size family.
The water purifier’s water purification time is decently fast with 20-litre water per hour.
Being a non-electric purifier it is especially suitable for the area with constant power-cut problems. Also, the zero electricity cost is a huge breather for your pocket.
But, keep one thing in mind, this purifier is suitable for water with low TDS levels.
- Positive reviews from customers
- Simple to use
- Almost maintenance-free
Not very effective for high TDS water.
FAQs On the best gravity based water purifier in india
Q. Are gravity filters good?
Ans: Yes, they are definitely good.
They run without electricity.
Does not require a 24-hour tap water supply.
You can place it anywhere you want.
Comes at a very cheap price.
Q.Will gravity filter reduce TDS?
Ans. Gravity filters do not reduce the TDS of water. In fact, they work well with the water low TDS level of 300 ppm.
Which is the best gravity based water purifier in India?
KENT Gold+ 20-litres Gravity Water Purifier is currently the best gravity-based water purifier according to customer feedback. Besides, there are some top most purifiers that we have discussed in this article.
Q. Is a gravity-based water purifier safe?
Ans. Yes, it is safe. Modern gravity-based water is armed with so many advanced features like Ultrafiltration, nanoparticle technology and these make water purification safer and more clean drinking water.
Q. How much does a gravity filter cost?
Ans. A normal gravity based water filter or purifier will cost around 1500 to 2500 Indian rupees.
Q. Is it worth it to use gravity based water purifiers in India?
Ans. India is one of the major nations of the world with a huge scarcity of clean drinking water. The problem is acute in rural areas. So, a water purifier may save the lives of many by preventing waterborne disease. Moreover, a gravity water purifier will be the best option for remote areas with frequent power cuts or no electricity. So, buying a gravity based water purifier will be high value for money and cost-saving.